BAR PROCESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
MLER’s Bar Process Management Program employs an holistic approach to taking the Bar exam by (i) focusing on the development of its students’ writing and analytical skills, and (ii) giving its students the necessary tools to help them effectively study, manage stress, and understand how to balance their other real world obligations while studying for the Bar exam.
MLER’s Program is unlike any other. Our holistic approach provides dedicated support of our tutors and the invaluable tips and tools we provided on how to balance the stresses during the bar exam preparation period. If you are sitting for the bar, MLER’s program is the perfect supplement to any commercial bar preparation program.
What We Expect
The students of our Bar Exam Preparation Program are provided with a wide range of services to increase their likelihood of success on the bar exam. Our dedicated tutors work with students throughout the preparation process to address academic and personal needs. However, students are taught early on that success will depend on their personal dedication and commitment to the Bar Program. Thus, all students are asked to abide by the following guidelines:
- Enroll in a commercial bar review course
- Attend MLER every week and take all exams.
- Create and follow a study schedule
- ALL students are encouraged to complete all homework assignments
- Maintain a POSITIVE mental attitude, believing in your success, and making a commitment to become an MLER tutor once you have passed the bar exam
Our Bar Program is offered twice a year, beginning in January and May, in preparation for the bar exams conducted in February and July, respectively. Each program session lasts approximately six weeks and consists of weekly small group meetings and large group lectures and exams. MLER conducts a Writing and Study Strategies Clinic, a Performance Test Clinic, and a full-day simulated Multistate Essay Examination. Every week students are given a practice exam which includes essay and performance test questions, and Multistate Bar Exam questions.
Typically, three licensed attorneys tutor each small group and, on a weekly basis, the tutors grade and provide personalized feedback on each student’s practice essay and performance test exams. Students who are repeat test takers are given additional attention with extra weekly homework assignments, which are also evaluated by our tutors. The Bar Process Management Program is distinguished from other bar prep programs because of the dedicated support of our tutors and the invaluable academic strategies, tips, and tools we provide on how to study effectively while balancing the stresses preparing for the bar exam.
Bringing MLER to California
- Founded in 1990, the California State Bar Foundation (“CBF”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building a better justice system for all Californians
- CBF is particularly focused on funding legal services fellowships; awarding pipe line grants; awarding scholarships to diverse students; and promoting bar passage for diverse students
- In 2016, CBF awarded a grant to MLER to bring this time tested program to California. The pilot will launch for the summer 2018 bar examination and will be hosted at University of San Diego College of Law, although all law student graduates may apply
- The vision for MLER California is to expand statewide, in order to increase diversity and inclusion in the practice of law, and build a better justice system that truly reflects the entire population of the State of California
Student MLER Program Tuition Scholarships
Student Commercial Bar Program Scholarships
MLER CA Standard Registration: $400.00
ALL PROGRAM COSTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE